Meatloaf Spaghetti # One
Contributed by: Rob David-Michael
Easy world-class meatloaf pasta.
- 1/2 pounds spaghetti or thin spaghetti
- 1/4 pound meatloaf of choice, precooked
- one large yellow and one large red Bell pepper, cut into 3/4" by 1/2" strips, presauteed
- olive oil for saute and spaghettit prep
- six shakes lemon pepper, about 3/4 tsp.
- six medium-sized shallots, peeled, sliced, sauteed
- 2 Tblspoons rice vinegar
- 3/4 tsp. sugar of choice
- Grated paremsan and Romano cheese, to taste
Presaute peppers. Set aside.
Presaute shallots. Set aside.
Cook spagheti as usual, breaking into thirds before heating.
Add 1/2 tsp. olive oil to the boiling water before heating it and stir every two minutes to avoid sticking.
When spaghetti has reached desired tenderness, drain and rinse with cool water (or omit as directed on package).
Place spahgetti into a large microwavable bowl.
Add lemon pepper, evenly.
Add peppers and shallots and mix slowly and thoroughly into the pasta.
Pour sugar into vinegar in a cruet and mix.
Add broken up meatloaf and mix to distribute ingredients evenly.
Heat pasta mixture in a microwave for one minute.
Keep checking and reheat for one minute until desired temperature has been reached.
Remove pasta bowl.
Pour vinegar and sugar mixture evenly and mix again.
Serve on individual; plates and offer cheeses as topping.
Other additives might include: flat-leaf parsley, ground black pepper, green olives, ten medium
torn basil leaves or hot sauce of choice.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings