Southern-Style Sweet Potato Pie
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin of RecipesNow.com
Southern-Style Holiday Spread Shortcuts
(NAPSA) - Hosting family and friends during the holiday season can mean hours-even days-of menu planning, grocery shopping and cooking. From serving dishes to clean plates, the big meal takes only a fraction of the time to eat as it did to prepare.
For tasty fixings prepared in less than half the time, substitute ready-made foods into recipes. Add these delicious and quick recipes to this year's holiday menu to save time in the kitchen and spend more time enjoying family and friends:
Prep Time: 15 minutes - Bake Time: 50 minutes
- 1 15-ounce can Glory Foods(r) Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sweetened, condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pie shell, raw, frozen (9" deep dish)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine butter, eggs, condensed milk and vanilla extract in mixing bowl. Blend in cornstarch and then sweet potato casserole, stirring until smooth. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.
Reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue baking for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted to the center of the pie comes out clean. Cool before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 15-ounce cans Glory Foods(r) Sensibly Seasoned Black Beans
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
Saute the garlic and olive oil in a small nonstick pan for 3 to 5 minutes to soften and brown slightly. Combine all ingredients in a food processor, process until smooth and pour hummus in serving dish. Serve immediately with crackers, bread or vegetables or refrigerate for later use.
For more Southern-style holiday recipes and shortcuts, visit www.GloryFoods.com.