California Insalata Pizza
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
A simple gourmet-style pizza with pizzazz! Fresh marinated tomatoes give this pizza a real zip.
- 4 medium California Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp 30 mL olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp 15 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp 1 mL each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup 125 mL crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 1 11 inch (27 cm) pre-baked gourmet pizza crust
- Chopped fresh mint and arugula (optional)
Marinate tomatoes in 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper for 1 to 2 hours. Brush
pizza crust with remaining oil. Drain tomatoes; arrange slices on pizza dough. Top with cheese.
Bake in 500 degreesF (260 degreesC) oven 6 to 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove
from oven and sprinkle with chopped fresh mint and arugula, if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 1 pizza