Minced Lamb Curry
Contributed by: Diana Griffiths of Salamander Cookshop Blog
This is a quick and easy curry which makes an ideal midweek family meal.
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 large potato, halved lengthways and cut into slices crossways
- 450g minced lamb
- 4tbsp mild curry paste
- 1 tbsp sweet chutney, such as peach or mango
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 100g frozen peas
- 350g long grain rice, boiled to serve
- 150ml water
Heat the oil in a pan, then fry the onion and garlic until they start to turn golden. Add the potato and fry for a further 3 or 4 minutes.
Add the mince to the pan and stir until it loses its pink colour, then stir in the curry paste, chutney, tomato puree and 150ml water.
Simmer for approximately 15 minutes until the potatoes are almost tender. Add the peas, cook for a further 5 minutes and serve with plain boiled rice.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings