Grilled Peppers, Onions And Olive Relish
Contributed by: NAPSA
Fire Up The Barbecue-Great Grilling Ideas That Taste Good And Fit The Budget
(NAPSA) - Here's a versatile, Mediterranean-inspired olive relish that can be made once and used throughout the week for a delicious, mouthwatering flavor. Drizzle it over grilled chicken, pork tenderloin or bone-in pork chops. Grill a butterflied leg of lamb or rib chops and spoon some olive relish on top. Sliced flank steak hot-off-the-barbecue is a sensation when paired with this olive relish. Finish grilled fish such as halibut or swordfish with it. It can even do double duty as an appetizer topper for bruschetta or tossed into cooked and cooled pasta for a refreshing salad.
- 2 large red bell peppers, quartered, seeded and deribbed
- 1 medium Walla Walla or other sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Lindsay Green Ripe Pitted Olives, sliced
- 2/3 cup Lindsay Black Ripe Pitted Olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Lindsay Capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Prepare a fire in a charcoal grill, preheat a gas grill on high, or place a stovetop-ridged grill pan over medium-high heat.
Brush the peppers and onion slices with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Place the peppers and onions directly over the hot fire. Cover the grill and cook, turning once, until dark brown grill marks appear and the peppers and onions are crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board. Cut the peppers and onions into 1/2-inch-dice-size pieces. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the green and black olives, capers, parsley and garlic. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, vinegar and pepper. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the relish to combine. Taste and season with salt, if needed.
The olive relish can be made up to 2 days in advance. Place in a covered container and refrigerate. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. The relish will keep for 5 days under refrigeration.
For more delicious olive recipes and entertaining tips, go to www.lindsayolives.com.
Serving Size: Makes 5 Cups