Orange Blossom Pork Dumplings
Contributed by: News Canada
Get Into The Olympic Spirit
(NC) - With the games in Beijing just around the corner, throwing an Olympic-themed party is a great way to get into the spirit. Invite your friends over to watch some of your favourite sports and enjoy some medal-winning munchies.
Why not celebrate the location of this year's Olympics and serve traditional Chinese dishes? This delectable dim sum snack is authentic and a great appetizer for your party. It's easy to make, and can be prepared in advance.
Preparation time: 30 minutes - Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2/3 lb (300g) cooked lean ground pork
- 3 thinly sliced green shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Orange zest
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 3-4 drops of orange blossom essence
- 1/4 cup (60mL) fish flavoured sauce
- 4 tbsp (60mL) Splenda granulated
- 1 package of (40) wonton wrappers
- 1 cups (250ml) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup ( 60 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45mL) Splenda granulated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chilli powder
- 1/4 cup ( 60 mL ) soya sauce
- 5 tbsp (75mL) plain yogurt
Mix all of the ingredients except for the wonton wrappers in a large bowl.
Place a tablespoon of the mixture onto the middle of each square of wonton.
Fold the wonton square over the filling in order to form a triangle.
To properly close the wonton, apply a coat of water-flour mixture onto the inside contour of the wrapper and apply pressure to ensure they will not open during cooking.
Freeze the dumplings until ready to serve.
Cook frozen dumplings in boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
Combine all ingredients and mix in a blender. Serve with the dumplings in a side dish.
For more recipe ideas visit www.splenda.ca.