Dark Chocolate Strawberry Parfait
Contributed by: NAPSA
Adding Star Power To Fuel Your Day
(NAPSA) - Looking radiant and keeping in step with a tightly packed schedule are musts for on-the-go celebrities, but most of us who long for the same sense of well-being don't have personal trainers and stylists.
Fortunately, it doesn't take star power to make healthy lifestyle changes. In fact, a brisk walk at lunch can quickly put one on the path to fitness. Research shows that three or more 10-minute bouts of exercise throughout the day can boost calorie burn as effectively as a traditional 30-minute session.
Try these additional tips from ZonePerfect(r) All-Natural Nutrition Bars for staying celebrity fit and keeping energy levels high:
- High-Profile Hydration - Stars don't just sip champagne, they drink plenty of water, too. Embrace your inner-celebrity activist and carry water infused with fresh mint sprigs or lemon slices in a reusable stainless steel bottle.
- Sunset Blvd. Sleep Habits - Catch six to eight hours of sleep per night and go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on at weekends. A sleep cycle with regular rhythm promotes better rest and relaxation.
- Body Beautiful - On-the-go eating is often a must, whether you're on the set of a movie or heading out to enjoy a film or music festival. Opt for nutritious snacks, such as new ZonePerfect Dark Chocolate Nutrition Bars. A therapeutic bonus: Dark chocolate can evoke pleasurable emotions and reduce stress.
If you're craving something exceptionally decadent, try this sensibly delicious recipe:
- 4 ounces Strawberry Yogurt
- 1/2 ZonePerfect Dark Chocolate Strawberry bar, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon semisweet chocolate chips
Using an 8-ounce parfait glass, layer the bottom with 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt, followed by a layer of dark chocolate bar pieces and a third of the strawberries.
Repeat layers, adding more strawberries and a final dollop of yogurt. Garnish with chocolate chips. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
For more information and recipes, visit ZonePerfect.com.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Serving
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 240. Total fat: 5g. Saturated fat: 3.5g. Cholesterol: 10mg. Sodium: 160mg. Total carbohydrates: 39g. Dietary fiber: 5g. Sugars: 28g. Protein: 11g.