Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This is a traditional Spanish dish, perfect for summertime. The Ontario greenhouse tomatoes and peppers are just explosive and the subtleness of the cucumber is just delicious. A fresh piece of bread and a grilled steak is a great accompaniment to this tasty soup.
- 1-1/2 Ibs (900g) ripe Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, peeled
- 1 small Ontario greenhouse seedless cucumber
- 1 Ontario greenhouse red pepper, seeded and quartered
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 green pepper, seeded and quartered
- 2 sprigs of fresh parsley or cilantro
- 4 tbsp (50g) chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Adjust seasonings to taste.
Chill several hours before serving.
Can be served hot or cold.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings