Panini Grilled Herbed Cheese Sandwich
Contributed by: NAPSA
A Cool Way To Be Dairy Smart And Strong
(NAPSA) - Visiting the refrigerated dairy aisles of your grocery store can be a cool way to find tasty wholesome selections for the whole family.
Whether you are looking for nutritious snacks or terrific meal accompaniments, these "cool aisles" have them. Here are some snack ideas:
- Sensational Smoothies-blend juices, yogurts and frozen fruits.
- Cheese Kabobs-alternate apple slices, grapes and your favorite cheese on skewers.
- Veggie Delights-fresh cut vegetables and serve with your favorite prepared dips.
- Morning Bliss-layer granola, fruit and your favorite yogurt flavor.
Here is a new take on a childhood favorite:
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 8 slices deli-style cheddar cheese
- 8 slices deli-style mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices deli-style provolone cheese
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Mix together butter, Parmesan cheese and basil.
Preheat panini pan or skillet to medium heat.
To assemble each sandwich, spread the bread lightly with butter mixture, then layer with the cheese and tomato slices. Spread top and bottom of each sandwich with remaining butter.
Grill for 4-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
June is Dairy Month.
You can find special prices and promotions on many tasty cool favorites in the refrigerated dairy aisles.
To celebrate, the National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA) has created a $7,500 Sweepstakes.
For contest dates, official rules and an entry form, visit the Web site www.EasyHomeMeals.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Sandwiches