Maple Roasted Stone Fruit and Vanilla Ice Cream
Contributed by: News Canada
One scoop or two?
(NC) - Fresh Canadian produce from local farmers and growers just can't be beat. Strawberries in late July; stone fruits like plums and peaches in late August.
Here's a recipe that takes advantage of the bountiful, ripe Canadian stone fruits to enjoy over a bowl of refreshing Nestle Real Dairy French vanilla ice cream. You'll also be giving the environment a break - the new ice cream tubs are both recyclable and reusable!
- 2 each peaches, plums and nectarines
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) melted butter
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) Nestle Real Dairy French Vanilla Ice Cream (50% Less Fat French Vanilla can be substituted)
Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C).
Cut fruit into quarters and remove pits. Place fruit in bowl and drizzle with maple syrup and butter. Sprinkle with cardamom and rosemary, tossing gently until fruit is coated.
Arrange fruit in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet; pour extra syrup mixture over fruit. Bake in centre of oven, turning gently, until fruit is fork tender and golden (about 10-15 min).
Spoon fruit mixture over ice cream.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings