BBQ Ranchero Salad
Contributed by: NAPSA
Every Day Can Be A Salad Day
(NAPSA) - Eating at least five portions of fruits and vegetables every day can help boost your energy, slim your waistline and keep you healthy. One of the most delicious ways to eat enough fruits and vegetables is to serve up some tasty salads.
There are so many varieties of salads that you could eat a different one for at least every day of the month. In fact, a new Web site from Litehouse Foods offers 30 salad recipes for 30 days. Here's a sample recipe from the site:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) torn mixed salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 cup whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Litehouse(r) Barbeque Ranch Dressing (substitutes: Litehouse(r) Salsa Ranch Dressing or 3/4 cup Litehouse(r) Lite Ranch dressing mixed with 1/4 cup barbecue sauce)
Brush both sides of chicken with barbecue sauce; grill or broil about 5 inches from heat source about 6 minutes per side or until juices are clear.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lettuce, tomato, 1/2 cup cheese, red pepper, corn, black beans, olives and green onion; mix well.
To serve, divide lettuce mixture onto 4 serving plates. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; arrange over lettuce. Drizzle salads with Litehouse(r) Barbeque Ranch dressing and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
For more recipes, visit www.30salads30days.com.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings