Contributed by: NAPSA
Satisfy With A Simple, Flavorful Salad
(NAPSA) - Tired of traditional potato salad? Orzo-Cucumber Salad is easier to make than classic potato salad and is a fresh addition to any summer menu. Delicate orzo pasta is tossed with olive oil and summer garden vegetables, along with cucumbers and onions for added crunch. Fresh dill and grated lemon peel round out the light flavors.
Prepare the salad in advance and then easily serve it at your next grilling get-together or pack it for a healthy lunch. Nothing will remind you of the tasty seasonal produce of summer like this simple, flavorful salad.
Prep Time: 18 minutes - Chill Time: 30 minutes - Total Time: 48 minutes
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta, cooked and drained (2 cups cooked)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 11/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
For more recipes and information about olive oil, visit www.aboutoliveoil.org.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings