Contributed by: News Canada
As simple as one, two, three!
(NC) - Here's a delicious breakfast of fruit, yogurt and granola. For convenience, make the yogurt filling a day ahead, then assemble everything just before you serve breakfast (if you do it sooner, the granola will lose its crunch). Assemble using individual bowls.
- 1 1/4 cups Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (300mL)
- 2 cups thick plain yogurt (500mL)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon) (50mL)
- 1 tbsp zest of 1 lemon (15mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla (5mL)
- 4 cups fruit (sliced strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) (1L)
- 3 cups granola (375 mL)
Mix yogurt and condensed milk. Add lemon juice, zest and vanilla. Whip until mixture thickens.
Place 1 cup (250mL) granola in bottom of an 8 cup (2L) bowl. Spoon 2 cups of yogurt mixture. Layer 2 cups (500mL) fruit, 1 cup (250mL) granola, remaining yogurt mixture, fruit and granola.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes - Baking Time: n/a
Freezing: not recommended
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings