Everyday Pumpkin Parfait
Contributed by: NAPSA
Power Up With Pumpkin
(NAPSA) - Pumpkin is a nutritional powerhouse that can be savored all year long.
Pumpkin is a rich source of fiber: One 1/2-cup serving of pumpkin provides 20 percent of your daily fiber requirement. In addition, fiber promotes regularity and heart health while helping you feel full and satisfied. Just a 1/2-cup serving provides more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin A requirement.
Pumpkin is not only rich in nutrients; it is low in calories and fat, too. Available year-round, canned pumpkin can be added to yogurt, hot oatmeal or even tomato sauce-for a delicious, nutritious boost.
Unleash the power of pumpkin all year long with these helpful tips:
- "Plus up" your dishes with pumpkin: Stirring pumpkin into your sauces, soups or chili can help to reduce the sodium, fat and calories in a serving of your favorite dish.
- Bake smarter: Reduce the fat in baked goods such as cookies, breads and cakes by substituting pumpkin for some or all the oil. This method of baking results in less-fattening, healthier and moister baked goods.
- Perfect your snacks: Pumpkin is perfectly safe to eat straight out of the can; just stir Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin into peanut butter, applesauce, hot cocoa or other favorite snacks for an easy way to add a good source of nutrients to your diet.
- Savor the taste of pumpkin year-round: Embrace the rich taste of pumpkin daily. Stir a little pumpkin into your life by adding it to mashed potatoes, peanut butter and corn muffin mix, or try a delicious pumpkin recipe such as an Everyday Pumpkin Parfait.
- 1 cup fat-free or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup Libby's(r) 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup low-fat or fat-free granola
COMBINE yogurt, pumpkin and pie spice in small bowl.
PLACE 1/2 yogurt mixture into two 1-cup parfait glasses. Top yogurt mixtures with 1/2 of granola. Top each with remaining yogurt mixture and granola.
For more easy pumpkin snack and recipe ideas, visit VeryBest Baking.com/Libbys.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 260 cal, 2 g total fat (.5 g sat fat), 0 mg chol, 170 mg sodium, 53 g carbo, 4 g fiber, 10 g pro, 100% Daily Value vitamin A, 4% Daily Value vitamin C, 10% Daily Value iron, 25% Daily Value calcium.