Contributed by: News Canada
With Cranberry Topping.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (500 mL) skim milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole-wheat flour
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) Ocean Spray Fresh or Frozen Cranberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped fresh mango
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Ocean Spray
- 100 % Juice Blend- Cranberry & Mixed Berry
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) maple syrup
Combine eggs, milk, sugar, oil, flour, baking powder and salt in blender. Blend on low, scraping the sides of the blender as needed, until smooth. Cover and reserve in the refrigerator overnight. Gently stir batter before use.
Meanwhile, combine cranberries, mango, juice and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Set over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in the maple syrup. Reserve, covered, in the refrigerator overnight or for up to 2 days.
Cook pancakes for 2 minutes per side in a greased skillet set over medium heat. Serve pancakes topped with warmed cranberry topping.
For more recipes and tips on healthy living, visit www.oceanspray.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings (18 Pancakes)
Nutritional Information: Per Serving (with topping): Calories: 296, Protein: 9 g, Total Fat: 6 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Cholesterol: 71 g, Carbohydrate: 55 g, Fibre: 5 g, Sodium: 318 mg, Potassium: 293 mg