Chicken with Mango Chutney Sandwich
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Unsure what to do with leftover cooked chicken breasts? Try this for a great quick and easy dinner sandwich.
- 8 slices Country Harvest +Plus 100% Whole Wheat & Fibre Bread
- 6 oz. (175 g) boneless, skinless, cooked chicken, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced celery, approx. 2 stalks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mango chutney
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) low fat mayo, made with canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) omega-3 margarine
Mix together cooked chicken, celery, red onion, walnuts, mango chutney, mayo and lime juice. Can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored covered in fridge.
Evenly spread the margarine over the 2 slices of Country Harvest +Plus.
Scoop out 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the chicken mixture and spread evenly over the bread. Place second slice of bread on top and gently press down. Cut in half. Serve.
Store any remaining filling in the fridge, covered for up to 2 days.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 1/2 Cup (125 mL) Sandwich Filling Portions