Austrian Peach Cookie
Contributed by: Amy
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup peach or apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons instant tea powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peach, apricot or regular brandy
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- red and orange sugar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (170 degrees C).
Combine sugar, oil, milk, eggs, baking powder and vanilla in large bowl. Blend in enough
flour to form a soft dough.
Roll into walnut size balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets
Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will be pale. Remove to rack to cool.
Hollow out cookie center. Reserve crumbs. Combine 2 cups crumbs, preserves, almonds,
cream cheese, instant tea powder, brandy and cinnamon. Mix to blend.
Fill cookies with crumb mixture. Press 2 cookies together to form peach.
Brush lightly with brandy or water and dip one spot in the red sugar for blush and roll entire
cookie in orange sugar.
Top with a icing leaf or purchase the plastic peach leaves.
Serving Size: Makes 30 cookies.