Peanut Butter Krispy "Donut" Delights
Contributed by: NAPSA
How To Become Queen Of The Bake Sale
(NAPSA) - Across America, bake sales are a traditional fundraiser for everything from schools to religious organizations. Here are a few tips from Barbara Grunes, author of "The Best Bake Sale Ever Cookbook," to help make your contribution a winner:
Recently, Grunes and Cake Mate set out to find five amateur bakers stealing the show at bake sales across America. Each winner received $1,000 in cash with $1,000 donated to their favorite charity. Among the winning entries was this sweet recipe, which turns traditional Rice Krispie Treats into scrumptious "donuts."
- Looks count. Elaborate decorations help baked goods sell faster and fetch a premium price.
- If your recipe isn't portable and won't hold up under variable conditions, it's not right for a bake sale.
- Forget portion control when baking-that dessert better look like it's worth paying for. No one can resist a jumbo cupcake piled high with brightly colored frosting.
For additional winning recipes, visit www.CakeMate.com.
Created by Beth Royals, Richmond, Va.
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 9 cups rice cereal (such as Kellogg's Rice Krispies)
- 1 tub vanilla frosting
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- 1 Cake Mate Red Decorating Gel (to color frosting pink)
- 1 Cake Mate Rainbow Decors
- 1 Cake Mate Sprinkles
Combine peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and butter in large pot over medium heat; stir until melted.
Stir in cereal, mix well.
Line 10"x13" pan with foil, mist with nonstick cooking spray, spoon mixture into pan and press firmly to flatten; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Remove foil and cut 6 "donuts" out with donut cookie cutter (can also use 3 3/4" and 1 1/4" round cookie cutter or free-hand cut). Soften edges of "donut" for rounder effect by pressing with fingers.
Microwave vanilla and chocolate frosting separately for 30 seconds. Pink frosting can be made by combining red decorating gel with white frosting.
Spread over tops of "donuts," decorate with Cake Mate Decorating Icing, Decors and Sprinkles.
Refrigerate until ready to serve to firm up glaze.
Serving Size: Makes 6 "Donuts"