Chopped Garden Salad with Ranch Dressing
Contributed by: News Canada
Chop your way to a beautiful salad
(NC) - Legend has it that the inventor of the Cobb Salad, the first chopped salad, was suffering from a toothache and thus decided to chop all the ingredients for his salad into smaller pieces. Regardless of the reason, the "chopped" salad remains one of America's favourites and is soon becoming an accepted "refrigerator clearing" healthy staple here in Canada.
Try this tasty version from Hellmann's (www.hellmanns.ca).
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 medium seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 small yellow or orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn niblets, cooked and drained
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup grated old cheddar cheese
- Hellmann's Ranch Salad Spritzer
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, diced bell pepper, corn, avocado, cheddar and croutons. Spritz liberally with Hellmann's Ranch Salad Spritzer Dressing, season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings