Holiday Ice Cream Berry Parfait
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This glistening ruby red sauce combines sweet and tart flavours and is pure heaven over ice cream for an elegant ending to any festive meal.
Serve in pretty champagne or parfait glasses.
- 2 tbsp butter 25 mL
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar 25 mL
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (thawed, if frozen) 250 mL
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed, if frozen) 250 mL
- 1 tsp orange rind, grated 5 mL
- 2 cups NESTLE LEGEND Maple Walnut Crunch ice cream 500 mL
Heat butter and sugar in small saucepan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until sugar is
dissolved. Stir in raspberries, 1/2 cup (125 mL) cranberries and orange rind; heat for 4 to 6
minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in remaining cranberries.
To serve, place 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream in a tall glass. Spoon 2 tbsp (25 mL) of warmed
berry sauce over top. Arrange another 1/2 cup (125 mL) ice cream on sauce and drizzle with 1/4
cup (50 ml) of sauce. Repeat with second glass.
Serving Size: Makes two servings
Nutritional Information: Per serving: about 537 Calories, 7.1 g Protein, 29 g Fat, 62 g Carbohydrate