1-Dish Cinnamon Swirl Bake
Contributed by: News Canada
Prep Time: 20 min. - Bake Time: 25 min.
1-Dish yeast recipe has a PREP time of only 20 minutes. This recipe has been developed and written for a COLD oven start to the baking period. Pictured here in glass, a metal pan can be used with equally successful results.
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 2 envelopes Fleischmann's Quick-Rise Yeast
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup(150 mL) milk (very warm 120º-130ºF/50º-55ºC)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 large egg
- Mazola Simplicity Olive or Canola no- stick spray
- Cinnamon Mixture
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) light or dark brown sugar
- 1-1/2 (7 mL) teaspoons Spice Islands Saigon cinnamon
- 1 cup(250 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 (15 à 30 mL) tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 mL) Spice Islands Pure vanilla extract
MIX batter ingredients together in a pre-sprayed 8 X 8-inch/20x20cm baking dish. Cover and allow mixture to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes. Mix cinnamon mixture. Mix icing and set aside.
TOP batter evenly with cinnamon mixture; using fingers, poke topping thoroughly into batter.
BAKE by placing in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F/180ºC; set timer for 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and drizzle with icing.
Serving Size: Makes 9 Servings