Chocolate Strawberry Delight
Contributed by: NAPSA
Snacking Is Key To Successful Weight Management
(NAPSA) - Are you vowing to manage your weight? If so, it's important to realize that all too often, giving in to cravings can be the downfall to maintaining a healthy weight.
From the lure of the vending machine to the office cookie tray, it's hard to avoid when a diet doesn't allow for a little indulgence. But when approaching snack time with a little creativity, it's enjoyable to stay on track.
"We know people love to snack and that calorie-conscious women are looking for small steps to help them curb their cravings between meals without sacrificing on taste," says Lisa Dorfman, R.D.
To satisfy midday munchies, Dorfman offers some simple snacking tips:
- Stock Up: Fill your desk drawer with healthier nonperishables such as pretzels, cereal, raisins, dried fruit, rice snacks and whole-wheat crackers.
- Plan Ahead: Think about what you are going to eat the day before, so you don't get stuck in a bind and give in to your cravings.
- Patrol Portions: Manage your caloric intake with conscious portion choices or by simply selecting portion-controlled snack packs.
Dorfman recommends Quaker Rice Snacks as a versatile way to fit nutritious but flavorful foods into any meal plan. They come in a variety of delicious flavors for any snacking situation, including large rice cakes that can be topped with fresh berries and low-fat chocolate sauce, as well as bite-sized snacks to satisfy the need to munch.
Also, new Quaker Mini De-lights, mini multigrain rice cakes, are a satisfying snack to indulge in without the excess calories because they are drizzled in indulgent flavors such as Chocolatey Mint, Caramel Drizzle and Peanut Butter.
At 90 calories per pack, Quaker Mini Delights feature the perfect combination of great taste, portion-control and convenience for pure snacking satisfaction.
Here's a delicious 100-calorie dessert that can be made with rice cakes.
- 1/2 tsp cocoa
- 1/2 cup fat-free whipped cream
- 1/2 packet sugar substitute
- 2 Quaker Chocolate Crunch Rice Cakes
- 2 strawberries, sliced
Mix cocoa, whipped cream and sugar substitute together.
Spread onto rice cakes.
Top cakes with sliced strawberries.
For smart snacking tips and recipes, visit www.OnTrackEveryday.com.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 100 calories, 1 g fat and 1 g fiber.