Maple Cheesecake with Toasted Walnut Crust
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Here's a great way to celebrate maple syrup season. This festive cheesecake combines maple syrup and cream cheese in a delicious toasted walnut crust. (If you want a bigger flavour burst, add the optional maple extract.)
Prep Time: 20 minutes - Baking Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup Robin Hood All Purpose Flour 250mL
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed 75mL
- 1/3 cup butter 75mL
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped 125mL
- 3 pkgs (250g each) cream cheese, room temperature 3
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed 125mL
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup 50mL
- 3 eggs 3
- 1 tsp artificial maple extract, optional 5mL
Preheat oven to 350 C (180 F). Grease a 9" (23cm) spring form pan.
Combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly, add walnuts. Press into prepared pan. Bake for 10 -12 minutes, until light golden.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and brown sugar on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add maple syrup and blend until combined. Add eggs, beating on low speed after each addition. Pour into baked crust.
Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until just set. Remove from oven and let cool 1 hour. Refrigerate until chilled. To serve, drizzle with warm maple syrup.
Serving Size: Makes 12 Servings