Herbed Chicken and Broccoli
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
- sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup undiluted Evaporated Skimmed Milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded, reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears,
- thawed, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning. Pound between sheets of plastic wrap.
Spray nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray. Saute chicken strips just until no longer pink. Keep warm.
Place flour in small saucepan; whisk in small amount of evaporated skimmed milk. Stir in remaining evaporated skimmed milk, garlic, salt and pepper.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture just comes to a boil and thickens.
Add cheese; stir until melted.
Spray 10 x 6 x 2 inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray.
Spread about 1/4 cup cheese sauce in bottom of dish. Arrange broccoli over sauce, then chicken pieces. Pour remaining cheese sauce over top. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving: 197