Take Five Seafood Pizza
Contributed by: NAPSA
Fish On Fridays: A Good Start
(NAPSA) - Any time of year can be the right time to add more fish to your diet. A study from Harvard University shows that eating fish at least once or twice a week can reduce your risk of dying from a heart attack by 36 percent.
"Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of both men and women," says registered dietitian Jennifer Wilmes, "and smart food choices like grilled, baked and broiled fish-rich in vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fats-are a delicious form of prevention."
The time of year prior to Easter known as Lent is a period of prayer and reflection that helps to nurture spiritual health. For many, one common Lenten practice may also nurture the body. Those who abstain from eating meat on Fridays during the 40 days of Lent leading up to Easter and opt for seafood instead are doing just what the doctor ordered.
Health authorities including the American Heart Association, American Dietetic Association and U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend eating fish at least twice a week year-round. With seafood available fresh, frozen and canned, preparing quick and easy fish recipes for a family meal or snack has never been easier.
For a wide array of easy-to-prepare recipes and information on the health benefits of fish, visit www.AboutSeafood.com.
- 1 small individual ready- made pizza crust
- 1 1/2 ounces or 3 Tablespoons crab-flavored surimi seafood, flake or chunk style
- 1/3 cup combined vegetable toppings chosen from the following:
- thawed frozen loose-pack corn
- thawed frozen loose-pack peas
- thawed frozen loose-pack broccoli cuts
- thinly sliced red or green pepper
- thinly sliced onion (separated into rings)
- thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup meatless spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 2 Tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Place pizza crust on baking sheet; bake 5 minutes or according to package directions.
Spread surimi seafood evenly. Arrange vegetable toppings over surimi. Spoon sauce over vegetables. Top with cheese.
Bake 10-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling hot.
Serving Size: Makes 1 Personal Pizza