Apple and Squash Soup
Contributed by: Chris, WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil 15 mL
- 2 cups Copped onion (2 medium) 500 mL
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dried thyme 5 mL
- 4 cups Chopped peeled butternut squash 1 L
- 3 cups Chopped peeled Ontario apples (Empire, McIntosh, Royal Gala) 750 mL
- 4 cups Chicken or vegetable stock 1 L
- 1/2 cup Milk or cream 125 mL
- pinch Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
In large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and cook about 7 minutes or until
softened, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook 1 minute. Stir in squash, apples and
Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Puree in
small batches in blender or food processor.
Return puree to saucepan and milk; re-heat. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
|To Make This Recipe Suitable For A Vegetarian Diet:|
Remove the Chicken Stock/Broth and leave Vegetable Stock.
Serving Size: Makes 12 servings