Rio Star Mini Cheesecakes
Contributed by: NewsUSA
Thoughtful, Simple Gifts Make Everyone Feel Loved
(NewsUSA) - Valentine's Day - a holiday that's dedicated to love - has been predominately devoted to couples, however, why not use this day as an opportunity to show friends and family members you care?
A thoughtful Valentine's Day gift for friends and family members can be simple and even heart healthy. Here are a few gift tips that will leave anyone in your life feeling loved:
- * Give a fresh, healthy treat. Simple fruits such as grapefruit or oranges wrapped in cellophane bags and tied with festive ribbon and a homemade Valentine's Day card make great gifts. Not only is it thoughtful and unique, it's also healthy because citrus is packed with vitamin C and is fat-free to boot.
- * A fruit baskets is another great way to make a healthy treat a meaningful gift. Not to mention, it's an unexpected gift they can enjoy for several days.
- * Are you having a Valentine's Day get-together or dinner party? Try handing out recipe cards as favors. Your guests will love getting the recipe for that delicious dessert you served. Try this delectable Rio Star Mini Cheesecake recipe from TexaSweet to get you started:
- 1 Texas Rio Star Grapefruit, sectioned
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, whipped
- 1 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice, reserved from sectioning
- 1 2/3 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- Mini muffin baking cups and a baking tin
In a small saucepan, pour in water and gelatin, let stand for one minute, then cook 3 minutes over low heat. Set aside to cool for about 1 minute.
In a large bowl, mix sugar, brown sugar, cream cheese, cooled gelatin, grapefruit juice and sour cream. Gently fold in whipped cream until thick and creamy.
Place one wafer in each baking cup and put in baking tin. Pour mixture into prepared tin, and chill until firm for about 4 hours.
Garnish with grapefruit section and mint.
For more gift ideas and recipes, visit www.texasweet.com.
Serving Size: Makes 36 Mini Cakes