Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Contributed by: NAPSA
Healthy New You
(NAPSA) - Millions of Americans make-and break-a host of resolutions, with many people focused on losing weight or getting healthy. The challenge comes as people struggle to meet their goals, despite busy schedules and commitments that may make a healthy lifestyle seem out of reach.
This year, health guru and fitness expert Denise Austin has teamed up with Tyson Foods to share tools and tips that people need to get in shape, making the resolution to live a healthier lifestyle so simple you almost can't break it.
"Procrastination, family obligations, work demands and lack of time and energy are just a few culprits that can stop the best health resolutions in their tracks," Austin said. "To help people navigate these roadblocks, I'm working with Tyson to create a convenient, flexible plan that delivers results with just a few small lifestyle changes."
Austin's tips allow for a healthier lifestyle without having to completely change your life, including:
- Moderation is key. Balanced food choices will get you on the path for success. Try to eat well 80 percent of the time, and treat yourself the other 20-enjoying the food you love in moderation makes it easier to maintain a healthy lifestyle long term.
- Mix it up. Don't get stuck in the pattern of eating high-calorie, low-nutrition foods due to lack of time. With fully cooked chicken or steak strips from Tyson that are recipe ready, you can quickly whip up a home-cooked meal that is both tasty and good for you. Try tossing chicken strips on a salad, making a tasty pasta dish, or stuffing a pita for a high-protein lunch or dinner.
- Curb snacking. Put a curfew on your kitchen and close it down at 8 p.m. to keep temptation at bay. Also, try brushing your teeth after dinner to mentally cut off eating plans for the evening.
- Make it convenient. You don't need to hit the gym every day to be healthy, but you do need to fit in your activity time-so be creative. Make walking dates with friends so you can catch up while getting fit. If you have a desk job, create reasons to get out of your chair throughout the day, such as walking to a colleague's desk instead of calling or using a printer located farthest from where you sit.
- Get in a routine. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, giving yourself eight hours of sleep for maximum energy. Also, numerous studies show that skipping meals leads to overeating and weight gain, so be sure to start your day with a healthy breakfast.
As a leader in quick and easily prepared high-protein foods, Tyson is educating busy and on-the-go families about how to eat right and make healthy food choices. Its recipe-ready, healthy chicken strips are a convenient option because they can be used in fresh, home-cooked meals with minimum time and mess.
The next time you are pressed for time, try this delicious recipe from Tyson and Denise Austin that takes just minutes to prepare.
Difficulty Level: Easy - Prep Time: 15 minutes - Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 8 oz. uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6-oz.) packages Tyson Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bottled, roasted red pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/3 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes; thin strips
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil; thin strips
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
Prepare linguine according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Stir in 3 tablespoons water or chicken broth.
Place chicken and remaining ingredients, except for Parmesan cheese, with cooked pasta. Over low heat, toss to mix. Add Parmesan cheese; toss to mix. Serve immediately.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories: 419; Total Fat: 9g; Protein: 32g; Carbohydrate: 50g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Sodium: 869mg.