Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Contributed by: NAPSA
Five Star Secrets To Mealtime Success
(NAPSA) - The recipe for making delicious meals is easier than you might imagine. The following five ingredients can help create meals to savor:
- Always start with the freshest ingredients. Whether you shop at the supermarket, farmer's markets or pick produce from your own garden, make sure the ingredients are as fresh as possible. Fresh herbs are a good investment because they supply more flavor than dried ones.
- Keep it simple. Start with a simple recipe and then embellish. When cooking for guests, don't try something new. Prepare it for yourself and your family first before trying it on others.
- Professional-quality cookware can really help you pull a meal together. Whatever cookware you choose, make sure the handles are securely fastened. Choose pans with a stainless interior that will not react with food and handles that are ergonomically shaped and stay cool while cooking.
Two examples of professional-quality cookware are Henckels Classic Clad and Classic Clad Nonstick stainless steel cookware. These pots and pans are clad throughout, composed of three layers of metal bonded together. The tri-ply construction conducts heat so well you only need to use low to medium heat for cooking.
- Use sharp, professional-quality knives such as J.A. Henckels Twin Four Star II, manufactured from a single piece of high-carbon, no-stain steel. Blade and handle are permanently bonded to each other without gaps or seams.
- Don't rush. Organize your tools and ingredients. Give yourself plenty of time to prepare the meal. Here's a great recipe to practice on:
Prep Time: 45 minutes
- 150 g creme fra"che
- 4 large tomatoes, washed and cut into thick slices
- 1 large onion, skinned and cut into thick slices
- 1 bunch of coriander, washed, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch basil, washed, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 oz. olive oil
- salt and pepper
Pour olive oil into a pot. First put in the tomatoes, then the onions, then finally the fish.
Add the herbs, season with salt and pepper. Spoon the creme fra"che onto the mixture, making sure that it does not mix with the herbs. Simmer at low heat for 30 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings