Cranberry Sweet Potatoes
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This recipe is ideal for your holiday table and easy to prepare. Use a two quart capacity slow cooker such as the new Hamilton Beach Right Size Slow Cooker which comes with a two, four and six quart bowl.
- 4 tbsp orange juice (60 ml) or orange liqueur
- 2 tbsp butter (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (30 ml)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (30 ml)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon (5 ml)
- 1/4 tsp salt (2.5 ml)
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces (1 kg)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (125 ml)
In stoneware dish, mix orange juice, butter, oil, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cover and cook on HIGH while preparing potatoes. Stir potatoes and cranberries into warm mixture, cover the stoneware dish and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
More great recipes are available online at www.hamiltonbeach.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 4 - 6 Servings