Courtesy of 1001Recipes2Send.com
Contributed by: NAPSA
Take Your Appetizers From Day To Night
(NAPSA) - Just as your favorite black dress works day and night, you can also make your appetizer ingredients work around the clock. Whether it's a family gathering or an elegant evening affair, try these simple recipes from Chef Kyle Shadix.
Serve a Classic
- Brie Day: Pair a wheel of brie with fresh apples and pears. Place the cheese and fruit on a bed of lettuce to add a little freshness.
- Night: Wrap brie in phyllo dough; bake until golden brown. Top with a combination of chopped walnuts and berry jam for a festive touch.
Keep it Simple
- Almonds Day: Toss together red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces, pretzels, almonds and raisins. Let kids help themselves to this fun, healthy snack.
- Night: Coat almonds with garlic, rosemary, kosher salt and olive oil, and bake to a savory finish. Pair with Kalamata olives and feta cheese for an elegant appetizer tray.
Make it Festive
- Tomatoes Day: Slice string cheese in half lengthwise. Hollow out a cherry tomato and place end of string cheese in the center. Serve cherry tomato pops with veggie dip for an easy crowd pleaser.
- Night: Using a toothpick, spear half of a cherry tomato, a piece of basil, a mozzarella ball and another half of a tomato. Sprinkle the holiday skewers with salt and pepper and serve with an oil and vinegar mixture.
Stick with the Tried-and-True
- Melba Toast Day: Spread light chive and onion cream cheese on Classic Old London Melba Snacks and top with a cucumber slice. The light, satisfying crunch will keep guests coming back for more.
- Night: Top Old London Sesame Melba Snacks with a shrimp, sour cream, green onion and artichoke mixture; this fresh, hearty spread will make other dips look plain wimpy.
- 7-10 shrimp, fully cooked, roughly cut up
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tbsp green onion (green part only) or chives
- 1/4 cup artichoke heart (from a jar) well drained and finely chopped
Mix the above ingredients and spoon onto Old London Sesame Melba Snacks. Add fresh lemon zest or minced garlic to taste.
Keep chilled until ready to eat.
For more recipes and party ideas, visit oldlondonfoods.com.
Makes 1 Servings