Arroz Con Pollo
Contributed by: NAPSA
Online Recipe Calendar Inspires At-Home Chefs
(NAPSA) - It's easy for at-home chefs to get a taste of 16 of America's most delicious destinations and use special interactive tools through a new, online recipe calendar.
The "World of Birds Eye" online calendar provides exclusive access to daily recipes, making it easy to prepare fabulous dishes from featured cities. Special online tools enable users to share recipes with friends, offer ratings and even create a customized recipe box.
The virtual journey includes access to recipes from some of the most famous culinary capitals and inspirations in the U.S., such as San Francisco's Chinatown, New York's Little Italy, New Orleans' Creole and Cajun and Miami's Little Havana.
By drawing from America's wide range of regional cooking, the online calendar provides inspiration to the at-home chefs seeking new ideas and wanting to share their creative cooking moments with family and friends.
Simply enter a UPC code from a Birds Eye frozen vegetable package to gain initial access to the calendar. Once signed in, the user has complete access to the Web site and can review recipes on an ongoing basis. The online calendar offers other appealing features for today's Web-friendly, at-home chefs, including:
- Dish on the Dish - enables users to rate the recipe after they've had the chance to try it. The descriptors are "real life" to help individuals get a true read on the recipe.
- My Online Recipe Box - makes it easy to save dozens of favorite recipes to a personal online recipe holder.
- Recipe Postcards - where users can send recipes from the featured cities to friends and family in a virtual postcard.
- Recipe Tips - provides busy at-home chefs quick tips, shortcuts or modifications to featured recipes.
- Mood Music - offers selections specific to the city featured.
- Fun Frozen Facts - to learn more about the benefits of frozen vegetables.
While exploring the online recipes, users can also enter a sweepstakes for a chance to win a VIP culinary experience in one of four featured cities, including: Miami, San Francisco, Chicago and New York. One trip will be awarded each month, September through December. Those who win will be whisked to the special culinary destination to explore the city and its unique cuisine with VIP treatment, including five-star hotels and exclusive restaurants.
In the spirit of South Beach, a delicious dish appearing on the new online calendar is the mouth- watering, Miami-inspired Arroz Con Pollo. With preparation time at less than one hour, it's quick and easy to try for dinner tonight. For more inspired meal ideas, visit birdseye.com/inspiration.
Prep time: 20 minutes - Start to finish: 50 minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Birds Eye Pepper & Onion Stir Fry
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups canned, diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1-lb. bag Spanish rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups Birds Eye Mixed Vegetables
Cook peppers and onions in oil in a heavy-bottom pot on medium-high heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add garlic, tomatoes, paprika, cumin and cook for 2 minutes more. Add rice, broth and chicken and bring to a simmer.
Cover and bring the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Remove the lid and add the mixed vegetables.
Replace the lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Fluff rice and serve.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings