Polska Kielbasa with Beer n Onions
Contributed by: News Canada
Festive Favourites: Make Oktoberfest a Crocktober-fest
(NC) - With a focus on hearty fall fare and time with friends and family, Oktoberfest offers the best of this season. "Sharing delicious food is a great way to bring people together," says Korey Kealey, food specialist, Food Thought Communications. "With the right food and preparation, hosting an Oktoberfest party for family and friends can be easy and fun!"
Kealey offers the following tips to host an Oktoberfest party with Crocktober flare:
- Go slow. Use your slow cooker to help prepare the feast. By preparing meals in advance with a slow cooker, you can spend your time entertaining guests rather than being busy in the kitchen. One-pot slow cooker meals also help reduce clean-up time once the party is over.
- Take the party outdoors. Offering crisp fall air and coloured leaves, autumn is the perfect season to host a picnic. Use the Crock-Pot Portable Slow Cooker to tote your meal to the picnic site - it will be hot and ready to serve, without any spills.
- Offer some traditional fare. Toast Oktoberfest with some hearty, themed recipes like Polska Kielbasa with Beer 'n Onions.
This will help your guests get into the Oktoberfest spirit.
Prep time: 10 minutes - Cook time: Low 4 to 5 hours
- 1/3 cup honey mustard
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 18 ounces brown ale or beer
- 2 kielbasa sausages (16 ounces each), cut into 4-inch pieces
- 2 onions, quartered
Combine honey mustard and brownsugar in Crock-Pot slow cooker.
Whisk in ale. Add sausage pieces.
Top with onions.
Cover; cook on Low 4 to 5 hours,stirring occasionally.
More Oktoberfest recipes and information are available online at www.crock-pot.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 6 - 8 Servings (8 1/2 Cups)