Roasted Spicy Potato Spread
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Looking for new appetizer ideas? Here's a delicious spicy spread, full of fresh harvest goodness that can be enjoyed on its own, slathered on crusty bread or as a dip with crunchy vegetables. It is also a great side-dish option.
- 3 Ontario Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 small cubanelle peppers, quartered
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Half small red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh coriander
In large bowl, combine potatoes, garlic, peppers and onion. Drizzle with half of the oil. Add fennel and salt and toss to combine. On large parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spread in single layer and roast in 425 F (220 C) oven 45 minutes or until tender and golden brown. Let cool slightly. Remove seeds from jalapeno pepper.
Scrape vegetables into food processor and add vinegar and remaining oil. Pulse until slightly smooth but still chunky. Stir in coriander.
Substitute 2 small poblano peppers for the cubanelle and jalapeno peppers.
You'll find more new and delicious recipes on www.ontariopotatoes.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 3 Cups (750 mL)