Autumn Turkey Wraps
Contributed by: News Canada
Enriching the beloved turkey sandwich
(NC) - Turkey leftovers may be considered the "feast after the feast" for many, but even the beloved turkey sandwich can get boring. Let Hellmann's come to the rescue this holiday season with fresh new ideas on how to spice up your everyday turkey sandwiches.
Choose from Curried Turkey Wraps, Turkey Burritos, Turkey & Portobello Mushroom Sandwiches, Turkey Sandwiches with Tomato Basil Pesto, Sweet and Tangy Turkey Sandwich, Cranberry Turkey Wraps and these unique Autumn Turkey Wraps.
- 2 medium onions, sliced (2)
- 5 cups thinly sliced red cabbage (1.25 L)
- 1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced (1)
- 1/2 cup apple juice (125 mL)
- 2/3 cup Hellmann's Dijonnaise, divided (150 mL)
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar (30 mL)
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey (750 mL)
- 8 8-inch (20 cm) whole wheat or plain flour tortillas, warmed (8)
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, cabbage and apple; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Stir in apple juice; reduce heat and cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in half of Hellmann's Dijonnaise and all of vinegar. Add turkey, cover and cook 3 minutes or until heated through.
Spread remaining Dijonnaise evenly on one side of each tortilla. Spoon equal portion of turkey mixture onto middle of each tortilla. Wrap tortilla around filling; secure with toothpick if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Wraps