Grilled Spicy Chicken Kabob on Pistachio Vegetables
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Try cooking with California pistachios to brighten up your meal and create a nutritious 'twist' to any recipe. Using an indoor or outdoor grill the following recipe is simple, yet easy-to-prepare and guaranteed to impress your family or dinner guests.
- 1 pound Whole chicken breasts, boned and skinned
- Spicy Garlic Baste (recipe follows)
- 1/2 pound Zucchini, halved lengthwise then thickly sliced
- 1/2 pound Crookneck squash, chunked
- Large tomato, seeds $rained, diced
- 1/2 cup California pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable oil
- 4 1-cup servings Hot cooked rice
- Cooling Yogurt Mint Sauce (recipe below)
Cube chicken, thread on skewers then brush with Spicy Garlic Baste until well coated. Barbecue
over medium-hot coals or broil 3 inches from heat for about 8 minutes or until done. Turn and
brush with marinade about halfway through. Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over high heat. Add
zucchini and squash and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add tomato,
pistachios and remaining Garlic Baste. Stir-cook until hot and tender, about 2 minutes more. Turn
onto platter and lay skewers on top. Serve with Cooling Yogurt Mint Sauce.
Spicy Garlic Baste: Combine 6 teaspoons minced garlic with 1/2 to 1 1/2 teaspoons
bottled red pepper flakes and 1/4 cup bottled fat-free vinaigrette or Italian dressing.
Cooling Yogurt Mint Sauce: Combine 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon grated
lime peel and 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint.
Nutritional Information: Per serving: Calories 449 Carbohydrate (g) 20 Calories from fat (%) 29 Sodium (mg) 492 Fat (g) 15 Cholesterol (mg) 131 Protein (g) 61 Dietary Fiber (g) 4.