Prosciutto di Parma & Parmigiano Reggiano Salad
Contributed by: NAPSA
Elegant And Easy Italian Ham And Cheese Salad
(NAPSA) - To enjoy a taste of the good life without spending too much time in the kitchen, keep it simple-but use top-quality ingredients.
For instance, for a light supper in minutes, toss crisp salad greens with silky strips of luscious Prosciutto di Parma(r) and shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano(r) cheese and drizzle with a warm balsamic vinaigrette.
Both imported from Italy, Prosciutto di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano are readily available at many supermarkets, specialty food stores and Italian grocers. Look for the Parma crown on the ham at the deli counter or on imported packages of presliced Prosciutto di Parma. And make sure you're getting Parmigiano Reggiano by looking for the name spelled out in pin dots on the rind of the cheese. If you substitute domestic products for these world-famous Italian imports, the results simply won't be the same. Find recipes and learn more at www.prosciuttodiparma.com and www.parmigiano-reggiano.it.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens, torn in bite-size pieces
- 3 ounces thinly sliced Prosciutto di Parma cut in wide strips (about 1 cup)
- 3/4 cup lightly packed Parmigiano Reggiano shavings* (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup bottled balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
In a large bowl, lightly toss the greens with the Prosciutto di Parma, Parmigiano Reggiano, pine nuts, red onion and basil.
Pour the balsamic dressing into a microwavable cup and microwave just until warm, about 30 seconds. Divide salad among four plates; drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad. Serve immediately.
* Pull a vegetable peeler across a wedge of Parmigiano Reggiano to make shavings.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings