Italian Three Bean Salad a la Robert
Contributed by: Robert Michael (Cerello)
Here is an alternative, good at any season, to a classic Three Bean Salad.
- 1 can (15 oz) Italian green beans, rinsed and drained thoroughly then cut across into two equal pieces
- 2/3 can (10 oz.) good quality garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained thoroughly
- 1 can ( 14 oz.) small red kidney beans, rinsed and drained thoroughly
- 1 brown onion, small, sliced on the bias as desired
- Creamy Caesar dressing, about 6 Tblsp., or to taste
- Miracle Whip salad dressing, about 4 Tblsp., or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. sugar or substitute of choice
- juice of 1/8 fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp. fresh basil leaves, cut very small
Mix all ingredients together, slowly in a large plastc bowl.
Cover and store in refrigerator for at least thirty minutes, preferably overnight, to marry the flavors.
Serve with a good Italian bread, cut up tomatoes, Provolone cheese and green olives. Partners well with beef, turkey, marinated chicken, cheese, soup, etc.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings