Grilled Skewered Pork Loin
Contributed by: Chris WebAdmin. of RecipesNow.com
Let the meat marinate for at least three hours before grilling.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons spicy mustard
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2/3 pound pancetta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound small button mushrooms, stemmed and cleaned
- 10 small fresh sage leaves
In a glass dish large enough to hold the pork in a single layer, mix the lemon juice, olive oil,
Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and salt and pepper. Add the pork, turning to coat, cover and refrigerate
for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
Drain the meat, reserving the marinade. Thread the pieces onto 10 skewers, alternating the meat
with the pancetta and mushrooms and adding 1 sage leaf to each skewer.
Prepare the grill. Grill the spiedini, turning and basting occasionally with the remaining marinade,
for 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the skewers and serve immediately.
Serving Size: Serves 6