Mediterranean Tomato Tart
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Frozen puff pastry makes this a quick appetizer for easy entertaining.
- 1 frozen pre-rolled piece of puff pastry, 1
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard 10 mL
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese 250 mL
- 1 tbsp McCormick Gourmet 15 mL
- 1 tsp McCormick Gourmet 5 mL
- 1/2 tsp McCormick Gourmet 3 mL
- 9 medium tomato slices, 9
- 1/4 cup sliced, pitted black olives 50 mL
- 2 tsp olive oil 10 mL
Place puff pastry square on parchment-lined baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score pastry edges being careful to not cut through. Prick pastry with a fork. Spread mustard over pastry, leaving a 1/2 inch (1 cm) border. Sprinkle cheese and half of combined seasoning on top. Arrange tomatoes and olives. Top with remaining seasoning and olive oil.
Bake in preheated oven at 400 F (200 C) for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is golden. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes - Baking Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: Makes 24 Appetizers or 4 - 6 Luncheon Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: Calories 66, Protein 2 g, Total Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 8 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Sodium 115 mg