Chunky Chicken Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
Do the Chunky Chicken
(NC) - However your family is enjoying the summer weather, knowyourratio.ca has a delicious summer recipe that everyone will love. Recipes like this high-protein, chunky chicken salad with chopped vegetables and a creamy dill dressing are healthy and can be perfect summertime fare.
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) lemon-flavoured yogurt (see tip below)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) white vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) minced fresh dill
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups (1000 mL) chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green onions (with white parts)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
To make dressing, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add dressing and toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Tip: if you can't find lemon yogurt, use plain yogurt (not vanilla!) in its place, and add 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar to the dressing
Try the Chunky Chicken Salad as a wrap or stuffed pita (with whole wheat tortilla or 1/2 whole wheat pocket pita) that is easygrab andgo.
Per Serving: 340 cal, 37g Protein, 9.7g Fat Total, 1.9g Fat Saturated, 671mg Sodium, 25g Carbs, 214 mg Cholesterol, Fibre 4g
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings
Nutritional Information: Per Serving: 250 cal, 34g Protein, 7.2g Fat Total, 1.9g Fat Saturated, 461mg Sodium, 11g Carbs, 214mg Cholesterol, 1.9g Fibre