Ontario Peachy Keen Crostini
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Ontario peaches or nectarines join forces with a plethora of other fruity delights to create a delectable topping. With a warm rich base of toasted angel food cake, this dessert crostini is a winner all around.
- 16 slices angel food cake 16
- 2 cups Ontario peaches or nectarines, chopped 500 mL
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and chopped 250 mL
- 1/2 cup blueberries 125 mL
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup 30 mL
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves 50 mL
- 1 tbsp lemon zest 15 mL
- 1 cup Low-fat peach yogurt 250 mL
Arrange cake slices in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake in a 350 F (180 C) oven until lightly toasted, about 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely while preparing salsa topping.
In bowl, combine, peaches or nectarines, cherries and blueberries. Drizzle with maple syrup. Let sit 10 minutes. Stir in mint leaves and zest.
Top each slice of cake with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of yogurt. Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of peach mixture over top. Garnish with mint sprig if desired.
Serving Size: Makes 16 Pieces