Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus Dip
Contributed by: News Canada
Set out a healthier dip for friends and family this weekend
(NC) - Here's a sure-fire way to sneak some healthy dietary fibre into the fun of the appetizer course. Hellmann's (www.hellmanns.ca) new olive oil real mayonnaise and chickpeas combine into a spread delicious dip for traditional flatbreads as well as a delicious vegetarian side for grilled eggplant and falafel.
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise with Bertolli Olive Oil (50 mL)
- 1 can (540 mL/19oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped sun-dried tomatoes (30 mL)
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion, chopped
Place all ingredients, except the green onion, in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Spoon into a serving dish and garnish with green onion. Serve with your favourite dippers including fresh cut vegetables, crackers, pita points and tortilla chips.
Serving Size: Makes 2 1/4 Cups (550 mL)