Contributed by: News Canada
Put a healthy twist on summer
(NC) - Summer is the sweetest time to bake fruit crisps. Hellmann's (www.hellmanns.ca) offers us this recipe for a moist blueberry base with a crisp top. Fruit crisps are a wonderful way to highlight any fruit that's in season, so if blueberries aren't around feel free to choose another delicious local fruit.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (750 mL)
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (150 mL)
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar (150 mL)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (125 mL)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (2 mL)
- 1/2 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (125 mL)
Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
In shallow 8 x 8-inch (20 cm) baking dish, arrange blueberries; set aside. In medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon. Stir in Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise. Using fingers, gently squeeze dough to form crumbs. Evenly sprinkle crumbs over blueberries.
Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden.
Serving Size: Makes 8 Servings