Cherry Berry Salad
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - Washington cherries and Quebec berries truly are a match made in heaven. Delicious and nutritious, this salad marries the sweet and tart flavours of the fruit and the honey lime dressing for a wonderful taste sensation.
- 2 cups pitted, fresh Northwest Rainier cherries 500 mL
- 2 cups pitted, fresh Northwest red sweet cherries 500 mL
- 1 cup fresh blueberries 250 mL
- 1 cup cored diced apples 250 mL
- 2 tbsp olive oil 30 mL
- 1 tbsp lime juice 15 mL
- 1 tbsp honey 15 mL
- 2 tsp minced, fresh mint 10 mL
- 1/2 tsp lime zest 2 mL
- 1/8 tsp salt 0.5 mL
In a bowl, combine fruit and mix well.
For dressing, combine oil, lime juice, honey, mint, lime zest and salt. Makes about 1/3 cup.
Add dressing to fruit, mix well. Refrigerate until served.
Serving Size: Makes 6 Servings