Red Pepper & Zucchini Lemon Halibut Packets
Contributed by: News Canada
Fish is a fabulous way to help manage your diet
(NC) - If you're trying to watch your weight, remember this - fish contain many important nutrients and can be lower in calories than other protein choices. Canada's Food Guide recommends eating at least two Food Guide servings of fish each week because of the beneficial omega-3 fats that fish contain.
To get the greatest health benefits, prepare fish using lower fat cooking methods. Slim·Fast (www.slimfast.ca) offers dozens of sensible main dish offerings to help you enjoy dinner time just that little bit more.
- 2 1/2 cups each julienned pieces of red pepper and zucchini (625 mL)
- 2 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced (2)
- 1/2 cup bottled Knorr Lemon & Black Pepper marinade (125 mL)
- 6 halibut fillets, 6 oz (175 g) each (6)
- 1/4 cup finely diced sun-dried tomatoes (50 mL)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill or parsley (30 mL)
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Lay out 6 sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place an equal amount of red pepper, zucchini and garlic on each. Drizzle the vegetables with equal amounts of the marinade. Top each with a piece of fish. Sprinkle each with some sun-dried tomatoes and dill. Fold up the foil and fold over twice to seal.
Place the packets (seam side up) on the grate. Grill, without turning, for 7 minutes. Remove from the grill and let stand for 5 minutes.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings