Easy Grilled Primavera Risotto
Contributed by: News Canada
As an entree or side dish this risotto will go down a treat for the whole family.
- 2 cups (500ml) MINUTE RICE, uncooked
- 3/4 lb (375g) each asparagus and green beans, trimmed
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, sliced
- 1/3 cup (75ml) Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) dijon mustard
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) ground black pepper
- 2 cups (500ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125ml) each white wine, whipping cream and grated
- Parmesan cheese (approx.)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thawed frozen peas
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Grated lemon rind
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the asparagus and green beans for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain well. Stir the olive oil with the garlic, mustard, thyme and pepper. Toss the vegetables with half of the olive oil mixture.
Preheat the grill to medium. Stir the rice with the remaining oil mixture, chicken broth, white wine, whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Transfer the rice mixture to a foil grilling bag (cut in half if large); pat into an even layer. Grill the bag for 10 minutes, turning once. Slide the bag from the grill onto a baking sheet, let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, grill the vegetables next to the grilling bag, in a grill basket or on grill foil, turning as necessary, for 10 minutes or until tender. To serve, carefully cut the grilling bag open. Stir in the peas into the rice and spoon onto a serving platter. Garnish with the grilled vegetables, chopped fresh parsley, lemon rind and additional Parmesan cheese.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Servings