5-Minute Tuna Chili For Two
Contributed by: News Canada
When it is just the two of you and you want something quick without heating up the whole house, try this fabulous dish.
Preparation Time: 5 min. Microwave Time: 4 min.
- 2 cans (85 g each) Clover Leaf Garlic and Hot Pepper Flaked Light Tuna
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) corn kernels
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- sour cream (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
- whole wheat toast, buns, or dinner rolls (optional)
Stir the tuna with the tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder and cumin in a microwave safe bowl until well combined. Heat in the microwave on High, stirring twice, for 4 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with a dollop of sour cream and sliced green onion; serve with bun (if using).
- For a milder, kid-friendly chili, substitute Clover Leaf Tomato and Onion Light Flaked Tuna for the Garlic and Hot Pepper flavour.
- Combine more tuna and the beans leftover from the can with your favourite salad ingredients to make a hearty lunch or supper for the next day.
Look for more recipe ideas online at www.cloverleaf.ca.
Serving Size: Makes 2 Servings