Italian Cole Slaw a la Robert
Contributed by: Robert Cerello
I created this in 2004 when I ran out of mayo.
- 1/2 large head of cabbage, sliced very thin and cut to desired length, about 1"
- 3 large scallions, sliced into thin rounds, using the white and 1/2 the green
- 1 large yellow Bell pepper, cut into thin 1" by 1/3" pieces, presauteed on olive oil to desire doneness
- 1 level teaspoon minced chives
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp. seasoned salt
- Miracle whip, about 2 1/2 large Tblsps.
- Creamy Caesar dressing, 2 1/2 Tblsps.
Saute the yellow peppers; allow to cool.
Cut up cabbage and set into large plastic refrigerator bowl. Add scallion rounds and mix through thoroughly.
Add seasoned salt, garlic salt and chives and mix again.
Add yellow bell pepper and mix to dustribute evenly throughout.
Now add the Miracle Whip and Creamy Caesar and mix one final time, to blend all the ingredients.
Set into the refrigerator and allow at least two hours, covered, before serving.
Serve in a glass bowl with a good Mediterranean bread, a side dish of cut up tomatoes and green or green stuffed olives and sun tea.
You can make this dish Greek or Italian by adding either crumbled feat or shredded Fontina cheese respectively.
Serving Size: Makes 4 Side Dish Servings