Marinated Seared Pepper Steak Sandwiches
Contributed by: News Canada
(NC) - This tender and tasty steak sandwich is juicy and delicious. It serves four.
- 1 cup (250 mL) Diana Marinade, either red wine & cracked pepper or steak spice flavour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 flank steak, about 1 lb (500 g)
- 2 portobello mushrooms, about 1/2 lb (250 g)
- 2 halved, toasted ciabatta or other crusty rolls
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Diana Sauce, either cracked pepper or original flavour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
Stir the marinade with the garlic and rosemary. Coat the steak evenly with half of the marinade mixture and let stand for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 days. Preheat the grill to high heat. Scoop out and discard the soft dark gills in the mushroom caps. Toss the mushrooms with the remaining marinade mixture. Place the steak and the mushrooms on the grill.
Cook the steak for 10 minutes, turning once or until medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes, and slice thinly across the grain. Grill the mushrooms 5 to 10 minutes longer or until tender. Slice.
Stir the Diana Sauce with the mayonnaise. Divide the sliced steak and the mushrooms evenly between the halved rolls. Drizzle with the mayonnaise mixture.